We miss our patients! Due to the mandated COVID-19 closure, we wanted to get information out to you on what to do in case something isn’t going right with your appliances.
Engage Orthodontics Instructions for Patients
- Continue to wear and change your aligners as prescribed.
- Once finished with all your aligners, wear your last set 12 hours per day until you see us next.
- If your last aligner cracks, but it is comfortable and you are still able to wear it, continue wearing when sleeping at night.
- If you lose an aligner, please call/email our office so that we can walk you through options based on your progress.
- Continue elastics as prescribed. If you run out, let us know and we can mail you more !
- Continue to brush your teeth. Keep your aligners clean using toothbrush/toothpaste and if you like, soaking in water and denture cleaner to keep fresh.
- Continue elastics as prescribed. If you run out, let us know and we can mail you more!
- If you have a poky wire, see if you can trim it using cuticle scissors or a nail clipper. Use wax for temporary relief.
- If you have a bracket that breaks, it is OK! We will fix it at your next appointment.
- Avoid sticky and chewy foods.
- Brush your teeth, use floss threaders, and keep your mouth clean!
3. Carriere Appliance
- Continue elastics as prescribed. If you run out, let us know and we can mail you more.
- We will be in touch about scheduling a Virtual Appointment to advise you of the next steps.
- Please call us if your Carriere appliance comes loose.
- Brush your teeth every day!
- Continue to do your turns as prescribed.
- Once you have completed your turns, it is ok to STOP. We will be checking in with you as either a virtual appointment or rescheduling you when we re-open. We will start turns again at that time if needed.
- Brush your teeth and your expander every day! (Don’t forget to brush all surfaces of the bands on your molars)
- Keep wearing them as prescribed.
- If you lose or break your retainer, let us know – with scanning and 3D printing technology, we may have already given you a model or we can print a new model for your last retainer and mail it to you!
- If you have any questions, please call so that we can advise you of the next steps.